On the 18th and 19th of November 2016, Tim attended the Implant
Dentistry: All-On-4 and Immediate Loading course at the UCL Eastman Dental Institute in London.
This two-day course covered the 'All-on-4' concept from the start to the fitting of a provisional prosthesis in one day, including all lab stages.
The course enabled Tim to:
- become familiar with the history and principles of the All-on-4 technique
- understand the principles of treatment planning an All-on-4 case
- see and become familiar with the planning stages for an All-on-4 procedure
- see the surgical placement and immediate loading of a single jaw
- understand the use of CBCT (cone beam computed tomography) in diagnosis and planning
- see the use of guided surgery to aid implant placement
- see the surgical and restorative stages for the All-on-4 procedure
The course covered:
- Patient assessment, basic implant science
- Implant planning for immediate placement and loading
- Implant treatment sequence
- Hands-on implant placement on specially designed models and restoration
- Hands-on implant provisional for single unit
- Theory of immediate loading for single to full arch including the All-on-4 technique
- Live surgery demonstrating the All-on-4 technique
The hands-on element involved implant preparation with SimPlant surgical guides for an All-on-4 procedure.
Each session was packed with practical clinical tips, which can be applied to implant dentistry as well as the wider field of restorative dentistry.
CPD points and certificate