Thank you for being patient with us during the lockdown. Due to the Coronavirus pandemic we have made some changes to our protocols. We will be allowing suitable gaps between appointments for
enhanced cleaning protocols and creating clinics specifically for those patients that are identified as being vulnerable, to help minimise contact with others for these people while they are at the
Before attending the practice:
- We will carry out a pre-attendance assessment on the phone, which will include a Covid-19 risk assessment and we will ask about any changes to medical history.
- We would recommend that patients
in high-risk and extremely high-risk groups delay non-essential dental treatment for as long as possible until the trend of the pandemic becomes clear.
- When travelling to the practice, we would recommend that you limit your close contact with other members of the public as far as possible. If you are able to drive or be driven and picked up by
somebody with whom you live, this would be ideal. Alternatively, walk or cycle to the clinic.
- Please attend alone if possible (unless a child or vulnerable adult).
- Try not to bring any unnecessary bags or belongings with you. Any bags/phones will be placed a closed box in the surgery.
- Please attend punctually at the time of your appointment and avoid waiting in the practice unnecessarily.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- If possible, visit the bathroom BEFORE coming to Wotton Dental & Implant Clinic. You will have access to the usual toilet facilities, including the hand basin
but, with enhanced cleaning protocols, it would really help us if you could avoid using the toilet unless absolutely necessary.
- We will attempt to complete treatments in as few appointments as possible to minimise your number of visits and to reduce your travel.
Arriving at the practice:
- Please ring the bell at the front door or telephone us on 01453 844428 on arrival and we will then meet and greet you and let you in at the front door.
- Your temperature will be taken (contactless). Should this be above the normal range, then we will ask to re-schedule your appointment.
- We will then ask you to hand sanitise
- We encourage you to bring your own face covering to wear on attendance to protect you and us.
- Our team will be wearing additional personal protective equipment (PPE). Rest assured, behind the mask, eyewear, face-shield and gown are the same friendly people you have trusted with your
dental care in the past.
- Seating in the reception area will be intentionally limited and has been arranged for your safety and so that it complies with the Government’s current social distancing guidelines.
- Payment is accepted by credit card, debit card via Chip and Pin or cash
- Your medical history will again be updated at the desk
- Future appointments will be made and then confirmed by email or telephone to limit your time spent at reception.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
The Team at Wotton Dental & Implant Clinic
Call us on 01453 844428 01453 844428 or contact us directly using the contact form.