Between June the 11th and 13th 2014, Tim attended the Master Course in GBR and Sinus Grafting Procedures at the Centre for Continuing Dental Education in Bern in Switzerland.
Two surgical procedures are mainly used to predictably augment bone deficiencies in the jaws, the GBR technique with barrier membranes or sinus floor elevation (SFE) methods using either the lateral window technique or the transalveolar Osteotome technique. This interactive 3 day course was established for experienced implant surgeons. Different surgical techniques were presented with live surgeries in addition to participation in hands-on workshops to practice the the GBR and the SFE techniques.
Topics covered were:
• Pattern of bone healing in defect sites
• Scientific evaluation of barrier membranes
• Scientific evaluation of bone grafts and bone substitutes
• Implants in extraction sockets: The concept of early implant placement
• Update on extraction technique in implant patients
• Implant placement with simultaneous membrane application
• Ridge augmentation with autografts and barrier membranes
• Update on computer-assisted implant surgery and flapless procedures
• Sinus floor elevation with the window technique and Osteotome technique
43-45 Long Street
Wotton under edge